Deal’s Gap, N.C. (August 8, 2013) – The Women’s Sportbike Rally (WSR) presented by Draggin’ Jeans is excited to announce a new sponsorship from the Northeast Sportbike Association (NESBA), one of the largest track day organizations in the country. Up to 100 participants who attend the rally, scheduled for September 6-8, 2013 and headquartered at the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort, will receive a track day voucher in the amount of $165. That is an amazing total of $16,500 worth of track days being donated.
“It only seems fitting that we support an event for not only sportbikes, but also women – a demographic we see growing each year,” said NESBA President, Robert Blandford. “Plus it feels great to know that proceeds of the rally are going toward a great cause.”
NESBA offers instruction and structured track time that provide riders the opportunities to further develop their skills. Their calendar features nine different tracks and nearly 100 dates to choose from. Fees can range from $125 for New Jersey Motorsports Park to $215 for Barber Motorsports Park with many options in between.
“We cannot begin to express our excitement for this awesome sponsorship from NESBA,” said rally coordinator, Dawn Chappell. “At the rally, we strive to promote safe riding so this is a great opportunity for those who attend to further develop their skills in an environment free from limitations, distractions and traffic.”
In order for NESBA operations to not be impacted, there are a few details regarding the redemption of track day vouchers. They include:
- The first 100 women who register and attend the event will receive their voucher at event check-in.
- If less than 100 women attend, guests who are registered and attend will be eligible for the voucher. Vouchers will be distributed to guests based on the date in which they registered for the event.
- Vouchers are non-transferable. A confirmation list will be sent to NESBA by rally coordinators.
- Vouchers are good for one year and must be used prior to September 9, 2014.
- Using your voucher to register for an event will be first come, first serve and limited to the first five individuals for that event. For example: The first five individuals to register using their voucher for the Barber event on November 9 will be honored. The sixth person requesting to redeem their voucher for that same event will need to select a different date to redeem their voucher.
- *Vouchers are worth $165 total.
- If the track day fee does not exceed $165, the remainder may be used toward additional fees. If the track day fee exceeds $165, the remaining fee will be the responsibility of the rider.
- The purchase of a NESBA membership is NOT required, but highly recommended for their incredible member benefits.
The WSR is returning for its eighth year and guarantees a great weekend of fun, friends, riding and raising funds for the fight against Melanoma. Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort, headquarters for the event, lays at the foot of the famous 318 turns in 11-miles also called the “Dragon.” It is a fun and exciting location for those who love to ride regardless of whether you are a novice or veteran rider.
In order to guarantee an event shirt, registration will close this Friday, August 10. However, online registration will continue until September 1 with late registration also being available at the event. Registering after August 10, however, will not guarantee an event shirt.
To register, or for more information, please visit the rally website at www.womenssportbikerally.com.
To learn more about NESBA and view their schedule, please visit www.nesba.com.
The Northeast Sportbike Association (NESBA) is a nonprofit, volunteer-run organization, formed in 1996 by sportbike enthusiasts and former racers who understand and appreciate the difference between riding fast and riding well. The organization is one of the largest single sportbike track day organization in the country with close to 200 track days this year. Riding opportunities exist at venues throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and Deep South.
About the Rally
Established in 2006 at the famed Deals Gap, aka “The Dragon,” the annual September event brings women from all walks of life and types of sportbikes together with their friends for a weekend of activities, entertainment and spectacular riding. Thanks to those who attend each year and our sponsors, this event continues to grow along with all the wonderful new memories and friendships. In addition, this event supports the fight against Melanoma – the deadliest of all skin cancers. All proceeds generated are donated to The Skin Cancer Foundation, in memory of Tiffany Weirbach, the original “Sportbikegirl” who succumbed to Melanoma in 2001 at the age of 24.
For more information about the Women’s Sportbike Rally, visit the official website at www.womenssportbikerally.com.
Download Press Release