In just a few more days we’re kicking off the very second Women’s Sportbike Rally on the West coast presented by Sena. Here are a few things to know so you can enjoy everything about next weekend!
1) Getting There :: Robinhood Resort is our event headquarters at 40797 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315. Plan your route using three available ways to get there with each route offering different levels of twisty fun.
2) Mother Nature :: The weather is looking like fantastic riding weather. Be sure to bring a jacket for the evening as it may be a tad chilly.
3) Friday Kick-off :: We kick off #wsrWest2 beginning at 4:00 p.m. where you’ll check-in, grab your swag bag, meet the organizers and have a chat with sponsor ROK Straps to learn more about their awesome products. This will be followed up by Sportbike Night presented by ROK Straps starting at 7:00 p.m. featuring pizza (if purchased), mingling, sportbikes and prizes.
Be sure to save the schedule link here as we’ll update where needed.
4) Saturday Morning :: Day 2 of the rally will begin with the annual group photo! We’ll scout the location for the photo when we arrive next Thursday. We’ll be sure to post up and also let you know at registration.
The camera shutter will click at 9:30 a.m. so be sure to arrive early. This helps us ensure we have enough time for set-up with our bikes. And it gives you a little extra time to plan your day ride.
5) Ride, Ride, Ride :: So many gorgeous twisty roads to consider around Big Bear. Go West and hit Rim of the World and Angeles Crest. Go East and ride 38 to Redlands. No matter the direction, the roads and scenery is amazing. Plan your route before you arrive or connect with some other ladies on Friday evening or Saturday morning to plan your day. Check out Rever, Butler Maps and Motorcycle Roads to help plan your route.
6) Saturday Evening :: After a full day of riding, we’ll reconvene at Robinhood Resort for our annual Sportbikegirl Party.
Starting at 7:00 p.m. we’ll have table service on the patio where you can order drinks and food from the menu. (Reminder that food is not included in registration fee.) Throughout the evening we’ll eat, drink, mingle, giveaway prizes and more.
We’ll likely end the evening with an after party somewhere so be sure to stick around to learn where we’ll be heading.
Military veteran and active duty volunteers with the Irreverent Warriors will be on hand to give our bikes a little send off shine. We encourage everyone (ladies and gents) to take advantage of this and drop a few bucks in their tip jar to support their mission of ending veteran suicide. Click here to learn more!
8) Goodies :: In addition to the awesome swag bag, all ladies will likely be going home with some sweet prizes so be sure to leave some room in your overnight bag for all of it! We’ll also be conducting a raffle for some door prizes and 50/50 drawing so bring a few bucks to purchase some raffle tickets.
These goodies would not happen were it not for the incredible support of our many supportive sponsors. When you are making future purchases we would love for your to consider buying from those companies that support women events. Where possible, be sure to indicate why you’re purchasing from them and thank them for their support.
9) Sunshine :: Big Bear is 7,000 feet above sea level and that means 7,000 feet closer to the sun. Pack your favorite sunscreen and be sure to re-apply while you’re out riding. #skinsafety
10) Sharing is Caring :: Be sure to tag us @womenssportbikerally throughout the weekend on Facebook and Instagram so we can all see the great photos you’re taking. In addition a few hashtags we’d love to see you use include: #wsrWest2 #rideconnected #sportbikegirls #skinsafety
Contacting Us :: Connect with us on Facebook, email email@example.com or contact us at (505) 681-9353.