There are so many amazing roads in and around Deals Gap that to say one is better than the other would be kind of stilly. The 318 turns of the “Dragon” are far from the only thing available in the area and there is definitely something for everyone.
- Tight and technical? Yep!
- Scenic sweepers? Yep!
- Waterfalls galore? Yep!
- Dual sporting for our off-road buddies? Yep!
So take a few minutes to check out our friends (and long time sponsors) at Tail of the Dragon. They have everything you need to find the best options for you.
Oh, and they give away free maps of the area as well!
Oh, and don’t forget to say “Hi” to Killboy too!
Tell them we sent ya! 😉
Some of our favorites routes for pretty much anyone from new to experienced riders include:
- Foothills Parkway ~ Either a quick jaunt north of the Gap and back or a loop!
- Dragon Cherohala Loop ~ Don’t forget to stop at Bald River Falls along the way too!
- 28 South from Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort and Fontana Village. Seriously, just keep going (to Highlands at least)! ~ Not only for the road, but for the amazing waterfalls along the way too!
- The Road to Nowhere out of Bryson City ~ You just have to experience it at least once!
- Blue Ridge Parkway out of Bryson City ~ Well, cuz it’s a Parkway! And it’s awesome!
So many more options! Just check out Tail of the Dragon‘s website for more!